Two Canadian women who were abducted earlier this month in Ghana have been rescued, authorities said.
Ghana’s information ministry said the rescue operation was completed early Wednesday in the south-central Ashanti region. No other details were immediately available.
The women, aged 19 and 20, were taken at the Kumasi Royal Golf Club on June 4 at 8:25 p.m. local time, according to a news release issued by the Ghana Police Service.
Police said they were volunteers with the non-governmental organization Youth Challenge International.
The information ministry has sought to assure travellers that the West African nation remains safe despite a recent uptick in kidnappings for ransom. The country has been considered one of the safest in the region for foreign travellers.
This was the second time in less than a month that foreigners were targeted in the city of Kumasi. An Indian national earlier was abducted and rescued.
Ghana’s president has vowed to crack down on kidnappers amid fears the abductions could harm tourism.
The Oklahoma City Thunder secured their tenth consecutive victory by beating the Chicago Bulls 145-117. This victory raised their season…
Rob Walter Resigns his Position as coach for the Proteas men's team for white-ball games because personal problems needed attention.…
Starting April 2, South African drivers will get lower costs when filling their tanks as fuel prices decrease for all…
The U.S.-based driver training company Zutobi analyzed road safety worldwide and found South Africa stays last in driving danger since…
The Basketball Africa League (BAL) returns for its 2025 season with exciting changes and developments. Since 2019 the NBA-linked basketball…
The Somali president supports their military forces to eliminate the threats from Al-Shabaab, ISIS, and Al-Qaeda. The Somali National Army…
This website uses cookies.