central african republics president puts an end to infighting with rebels
Yesterday, the African leader said that from now on, all the military operations from the country’s end will be stopped at midnight. “This immediate, unilateral ceasefire is a demonstration… of my firm intent to prioritize the path of dialogue” after eight years of war,” he added.
There have been continued cases of violence due to the rebel explosion after 2013 when former president Francois Bozzie was ousted. These rebel groups are heavily armed and control large swathes of territory. The repeated cases of violence and rebel group takeover has hindered the development process of the nation.
The United Nations also ranked the nation as the world’s second least developed nation and the UN reports also stated that the growth was majorly impacted due to the insurgency of rebel groups since 2013.
Having said that, there has been decrease in conflict and violence in the region but the problem is still the occupation of swathes by these terror outlets. Last year, one of the terror groups functioning in the country, the Coalition of Patriots for Change (CPC), launched a major offense and occupied two-third of the nation.
While calling for a ceasefire between the two sides, the president stated that with this announcement, he is aiming to attain peace in the region. He also stressed that this ceasefire will secure the citizens and will make humanitarian aid available to them. The most violent group in recent years is the CPC. The most recent of its attacks was last month which killed 20 people in the country. Following the announcement, a spokesperson of the terror group said that they welcome the initiative and added that CPC will adhere to the ceasefire till the government keeps its word.
The Oklahoma City Thunder secured their tenth consecutive victory by beating the Chicago Bulls 145-117. This victory raised their season…
Rob Walter Resigns his Position as coach for the Proteas men's team for white-ball games because personal problems needed attention.…
Starting April 2, South African drivers will get lower costs when filling their tanks as fuel prices decrease for all…
The U.S.-based driver training company Zutobi analyzed road safety worldwide and found South Africa stays last in driving danger since…
The Basketball Africa League (BAL) returns for its 2025 season with exciting changes and developments. Since 2019 the NBA-linked basketball…
The Somali president supports their military forces to eliminate the threats from Al-Shabaab, ISIS, and Al-Qaeda. The Somali National Army…
This website uses cookies.