Fire incident

Burnt dormitory of Gayaza High School

Gayaza High School’s Corby House dormitory housing 60 students caught fire on Friday night. The headteacher Robinah Kizito Katongole assured parents and the public of students’ safety despite the fire incident.

She also noted that students are receiving counseling to help them overcome the trauma.

Kizito has appealed to the parents and well-wishers to help them reconstruct the dormitory. The affected students have been provided with essentials like mattresses and blankets.