Australia is set to face South Africa in the second semi-final match in the World Cup 2023. Australia is the third team after India and South Africa to qualify for the semifinal match of the ongoing ICC Men’s ODI World Cup.
On Tuesday, Australia registered a three-wicket win over Afghanistan at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, India, on Tuesday. After winning the match, Australia qualified to face South Africa in the second semi-final.
AUS vs SA match will take place on 16 November in Kolkata, the capital of India’s West Bengal state. The World Cup 2023 tournament is scheduled to conclude on 19 November 2023.
Australia and South African teams have decent form. Both teams are hungry to win the upcoming match.
2023 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup
South Africa squad
Temba Bavuma (captain), Gerald Coetzee, Quinton de Kock, Reeza Hendricks, Marco Jansen, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen, Lizaad Williams.
Pat Cummins (captain), Steve Smith, Alex Carey, Josh Inglis, Sean Abbott, Marnus Labuschagne, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa, Mitchell Starc.
The 2023 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup is the 13th edition of the Cricket World Cup, hosted by India. The final match of the tournament will take place at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, on 19 November 2023.
ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023: Teams and Captains
- India: Rohit Sharma
- Pakistan: Babar Azam
- England: Jos Buttler
- Australia: Pat Cummins
- New Zealand: Kane Williamson
- Sri Lanka: Kusal Mendis
- Bangladesh: Shakib Al Hasan
- Netherlands: Scott Edwards
- South Africa: Temba Bavuma
- Afghanistan: Hashmatullah Shahidi
ICC Men’s ODI World Cup 2023: Venues
- Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
- Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
- M.A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
- Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
- Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) Stadium, Dharamsala
- Eden Gardens, Kolkata
- Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow
- Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
- MCA International Stadium, Pune
- Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad
What do you think about the upcoming match? Who will win? Share your answer in the comment section below.