WhatsApp, a centralised instant messaging and voice-over-IP service application owned by United States tech conglomerate Meta, has rolled out a feature that will allow users to edit their sent messages.
You can edit sent messages on WhatsApp on Android and iOS devices within 15 minutes. It is available for WhatsApp users across the world. You must update to the latest version of WhatsApp to use this feature.
How to edit a sent message on WhatsApp?
- Update WhatsApp from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. The WhatsApp update is rolling out in phases on Android and iOS devices.
- The new edit feature can be used in all kinds of chats.
- If you edit the WhatsApp message, it will show that the message has been edited.
Steps to edit a sent message on WhatsApp
- Long-press on a text message that you have sent
- Select the three dots in the top right corner
- Choose the “Edit” option
- Edit the message and resend it to a specific contact or group
- One message can be edited multiple times
The new feature is not available on WhatsApp web on a PC or Mac. You can edit the message on Android and iOS devices.
Earlier this year, WhatsApp launched a proxy feature for Android, iOS and desktop users. Under the feature, users can send WhatsApp messages without using the internet. With a proxy connection to WhatsApp, users can send messages without an internet connection.
How to connect to WhatsApp proxy?
- Download the latest version of WhatsApp on your phone
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to the Chats tab
- Go to Settings
- Select Storage and Data
- Choose Proxy
- Tap use proxy
- Enter a proxy address you want to connect
- Select Save
WhatsApp also launched an option to hide WhatsApp chat without using the archive feature. You have to enable fingerprints on your device to use this feature.